Have you heard?
Great news for fully vaccinated travellers…
We can’t wait for you to join us at our beautiful Barbados rental villas for a slice of paradise.
Keep reading to stay in the loop with the latest travel guidelines (last updated: 25th May 2022).
Barbados lifts testing for fully vaccinated travellers:
As of Wednesday 25th May, the Government of Barbados has announced and enforced a key change to the island’s travel protocols. Those who are fully vaccinated will no longer need a valid COVID-19 test / result to enter. Unvaccinated travellers will still need to present a valid negative tests upon arrival.
The change also states that the wearing of masks will remain mandatory in indoor public places, yet the wearing of masks outdoors will now be optional.
READ MORE – https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2022
Before you travel – UNVACCINATED PERSONS only:
- Travellers will need to Download the BIMSafe app. This is a location and symptoms monitoring mobile app developed by the Ministry of Health and Wellness in Barbados. This will help walk you through all the necessary steps needed before you travel.
- All travellers must first present on arrival a valid Rapid COVID-19 PCR negative test result. This will be taken 1 day in advance. OR a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result done within 3 days prior to arrival.
- LAMP tests, self-administered tests or home kits and tests using saliva samples will NOT be accepted.
- Next, all passengers will submit an Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) card 24 hours prior to travel. They will upload their negative test result via Travel Form.
- Then, passengers will need to Check the ‘Entry requirements’ section for Barbados’ current entry restrictions and requirements. These may change with little warning. Monitor this advice for the latest updates and stay in contact with your travel provider.
- Lastly, and before heading home, travellers will check all necessary steps (see below). – England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
See the Barbados Travel Protocols for further details.
Our Barbados rental villas – Barbados COVID-19 travel update:
Each one of our villas (The Dream & Merlin May properties) are designated COVID-19 secure properties. This means you’re safe to quarantine for the appropriate amount of time (unless you are fully vaccinated, and therefore exempt.
If you are having to quarantine, your villa will be fitted with surveillance cameras to ensure all rules and regulations are being adhered to.
During your stay – Barbados COVID-19 travel update:
Travellers may be asked to complete a further COVID-19 test if Barbados authorities deem it necessary – unless you are fully vaccinated.
You will find further helpful details here – Barbados Government Information Service website and Visit Barbados Travel Protocols.
Returning to the U.K – Barbados COVID-19 travel update:
You will need to keep referring back to this page, as well as the GOV.UK website, and BIMSafe app, to ensure you’re up to date with any recent news/restrictions.
When/if you travel back to England, you:
- do not need to complete a UK passenger locator form before you travel
- do not need to take any COVID-19 tests before you travel or after you arrive
- do not need to quarantine when you arrive.
Merlin Bay Villas Barbados
Seven 3-bed beachfront apartments. Each of these Barbados rental villas has a private plunge pool, along with a larger, quiet, communal pool and beach access.
All enquires for our Barbados rental villas…
Please include your requested dates, booking size, and contact details.